Your AI Kitchen Assistant
Discover how ChatGPT can help you prepare dinner using only the ingredients in your fridge and pantry.
The Process
Take pictures of everything in your fridge and pantry, then upload them to ChatGPT with this prompt:
“See attached for photos of my fridge, freezer, and pantry. Please examine them carefully and suggest easy, delicious meals I can make using only those ingredients plus standard kitchen staples (oil, salt, pepper, vinegar, flour, etc.). I am especially interested in creative but simple ideas that don’t require buying extra items. Please include both main meal suggestions and at least one drink or smoothie idea I can make in my Vitamix blender. Assume I am open to any cuisine. If any of the items in my photos aren’t clear, ask clarifying questions before answering.”
The Result
Using this prompt, ChatGPT suggested a Hearty Black Bean & Salsa Soup:
-
Sauté onions and garlic from your freezer in a large pot.
-
Add black beans, a can of diced tomatoes (if available), and vegetable broth.
-
Season with chili powder and cumin, and add a few dollops of salsa.
-
Simmer 15–20 minutes until flavors meld.
-
Serve warm with cottage cheese or sour cream, plus crushed tortilla chips for crunch.
Conclusion
By taking photos of your ingredients and using a clear prompt, you can discover creative, simple meals without buying extra items. This method also helps reduce food waste.
Try it tonight and see what delicious dishes you can make!
Learn more and explore additional tips at Michael De La Maza.
Comments
Post a Comment